- This event has passed.
Best Interests Case Practice Model Framework Training
Tuesday March 2, 2021, 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm$210.00 – $260.00
This Workshop is now full.
Please see our next Best Interests Case Practice Model Framework Training on the 6th and 7th of May 2021.
This is a 6-hour workshop delivered over 2 days; Tuesday 2nd of March and Wednesday 3rd of March 2021.
The aim of this workshop is to provide practitioners with an understanding of the principles and practices of Best Interests Case Practice Model and how this is embedded into their work context.
This training provides information on how to embed a service system that supports clients to heal and recover at the same time as building the necessary scaffolding for the practitioner in order to prevent stress and vicarious trauma.
- Systemic approach to case work
- Collaborative practice
- Trauma informed care & practice
- Best Interests Case Practice Model
- Child centred & family focused
- Child and Family Snapshot Tool
- Bio Eco-maps
- Assessment framework 5 C’s
- Goal Planning
- Analysis, implementation, review processes
- Therapeutic Case Work
- Working with families who experience complex issues
- Practical strategies to respond to complex behaviours
- Engaging resistant and stuck clients
- Stress management & self-care
An understanding of:
- Best Interests Case Practice Model overview and how this provides a foundation for best practice, good outcomes and working with children, young people and their families.
- An overview of therapeutic casework and how this is integrated into Best Interests Case Practice Model.
- How to work collaboratively and in partnerships with other services.
- How to embed strengths based practice approach.
- How to utilize Genograms & Eco-maps to enhance best practice and good outcomes.
- How to integrate a 5 C’s assessment into existing therapeutic casework frameworks.
- Family systems, structure and subsystems, the dynamics that exist and their impact on a family and their stages of change.
- Working with complex families e.g. Trauma, Intergenerational issues, D & A issues, Cultural complexities, ATSI trauma issues, Child Protection issues etc.
- How trauma and cumulative harm can impact on the lives of children, young people and their families.
- Stress management and the impact of stress & vicarious stress can have on the practitioner and the organisation and how to develop safety plans through self-care concepts.
Delivered over two days – 6 hour workshop
Tuesday 2nd March – 1.30 – 4.30 pm – 3 hours
Wednesday 3rd March – 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm – 3 hours
Further Information about Your Booking:
- We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
- We require 7 working days’ notice for cancellations in writing for a full refund to be issued.
- No refund will be issued for non-attendance.
- We will issue a full refund if we cancel the workshop or reschedule.
The Centre for Excellence reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a workshop if there is not a minimum of 10 participants registered 15 days prior to the scheduled date.
What if the workshop is full?
Please register your details on the waitlist, we will schedule another workshop.
Where will I find the link to join the session?
We will email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link a few days before the training date once registrations have closed.
Follow the link to Membership information to access discounted fees: https://www.cfecfw.asn.au/join-cfecfw/