- This event has passed.
Autism Training for Support Staff and Organisations (Rowville)- RCLASD20190909
Monday September 9, 2019, 9:30 am - 5:00 pmFunded
This workshop is available to all child and family services workers
Who should attend: Any residential care worker or workers supporting young people in out of home care.
The training outline is as follows:
- Introduction to Autism
- Introduction of the social model of disability, ableism and language
- Autism and Identity
- What is autism spectrum disorder is and how it effects a person’s behaviour
- Overview of an Autism diagnosis
- Understand how sensory processing differences impact on a person and how they engage with the environment
- Recognise the thinking styles that autistic people have and where support may be required
- Identify and apply basic support strategies to assist autistic people.