RCLDS – Foundations Youth Mental Health (Dandenong)
Wednesday June 26, 2019, 9:30 am - 5:00 pmFree
This course is a comprehensive program aimed at educating people to recognise and manage mental health crises. Designed and developed under the auspices of Orygen Research and the University of Melbourne, this workshop is widely recognised as the Mental Health First Aid course.
This course will:
- provide information and strategies for a first aid response to mental health crisis
- demystify mental health
- help participants recognise symptoms of the major mental health conditions
- identify the causes and treatments for these conditions
- identify resources available for clients with mental health problems
- deliver information in an easily understood format.
This training is delivered by Brian Jeffrey.