RCLDS – Working with Occupational Violence and Aggression – CBD – (RCLOVA20191030)
Wednesday October 30, 2019, 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFunded
Mental Health Services for staff who may experience occupational violence in the workplace.
This training is relevant to any residential care, case managers, or outreach workers in the Youth Welfare, Family Support, or Homelessness sectors; as well as private or public healthcare staff.
The training is an interactive and strategy-rich training package relevant to participants’ workplaces and Occupational Violence & Aggression issues (OVA).
- legal principles
- mental health literacy
- predisposing factors and triggers
- social & interpersonal factors influencing escalations
- self-awareness of personal stress
- recognising early signs of agitation
- communication skills
- verbal and non-verbal de-escalation
- managing inappropriate behaviours
- OVA risk assessment
- use of protective equipment i.e. duress alarms
- staff breakaway techniques
- internal incident reporting systems