Child abuse research leads our first Centre media update for 2012. Child protection stories from several states and territories also feature.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
Child abuse research
- Boys abuse in home first: sex study, The Age, 11 January 2012
- Aboriginal child protection system in crisis, ABC Radio National PM, 6 January 2012
- Child protection review to examine 100 cases, ABC News Online, 6 January 2012
- 93 forgotten kids lose lives, Herald Sun, 4 January 2012
- Statistics put above children’s welfare: report, The Examiner, 16 December 2011
- House of Assembly Select Committee on Child Protection (inc. link to final report), Parliament of Tasmania
- Liberals the answer to child protection woes?, RiotACT, 6 January 2012
- A decade of child protection recommendations to roll out next year, RiotACT, 20 December 2011
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.