The growing call for an independent inquiry to tackle church abuse and the Auditor-General’s report on public housing lead this media update. Donor-conceived children, youth suicide in the Northern Territory and a report linking vulnerability to the London riots also feature.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
Call for independent inquiry into church abuse
- Priests call for abuse inquiry, The Age, 29 March 2012
- Senior Melbourne priests call for independent abuse inquiry, Radio National AM, 29 March 2012
Public housing crisis
- Public housing in crisis as funding runs short, The Age, 29 March 2012
- Public housing situation ‘critical’, 774 ABC Melbourne, 29 March 2012
- Homelessness rising in regional Victoria, ABC Radio National The World Today, 28 March 2012
Youth suicide in the Northern Territory
- NT suicide, ABC Radio National Breakfast, 29 March 2012
- NT select committee tables report on youth suicide, ABC Radio National PM, 28 March 2012
Donor children’s right to know
- ‘Donor’ children and the right to know, The Age, 29 March 2012
- We can’t keep them in the dark, The Age, 29 March 2012
- Health concerns spark call for sperm donor revelations, ABC 7.30, 28 March 2012
Report links vulnerability to London riots
- Riots sparked by social breakdown, The Age, 29 March 2012
- Riots, Communities and Victims Panel (where full report will be published)
- Related coverage: Riots hold lessons for State’s vulnerable children policy, Centre news post, 18 August 2011
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.