Today’s media update again focuses exclusively on the findings of the Coroner regarding the death of Hayley, a toddler known to child protection who died of injuries that were inflicted at her home in July 2009. The Coroner has made six recommendations for change to help prevent deaths in similar circumstances in the future.
Please note that inclusion of articles in the media scan does not necessarily imply Centre endorsement of their content. Our aim is to spark robust but respectful discussion of issues.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
- Child protection failed toddler: coroner, ABC TV News Victoria,19 October 2011
- Toddler’s death signals need for change: coroner, The Age, 20 October 2011
- Agencies "failed" bashed toddler, The Australian, 20 October 2011
- Tragic Hayley the face of child abuse campaign, Herald Sun, 20 October 2011
- Hayley’s life must count, Herald Sun, 20 October 2011
- Toddler bashing: coroner says system failed Hayley, The Courier, 19 October 2011
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.