Aboriginal Cultural Awareness Training – CFECFW
Thursday July 20, 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
This workshop is designed to help workers gain knowledge and skills to have a greater understanding of Aboriginal culture.
This interactive session over 3.5 hours will provide opportunities for open discussion.
- Have a greater understanding of the history and past events which shaped the way in which Aboriginal communities have evolved to adapt in today’s society.
- Gain an understanding of where Aboriginal populations reside and the types of conditions that exist in Aboriginal communities, both rural and urban.
- Understand the value system of Aboriginal people, grief and loss, the role of Elders and cultural beliefs and hierarchy.
- Know how racism and stereotyping of Aboriginal people still affects people in today’s society.
- Have a better understanding of how to break down barriers and how to work effectively with Aboriginal community agencies and individuals.