- This event has passed.
Advanced Case Management
Thursday March 30, 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
This two-part workshop (6 hours over two days) aims to assist practitioners to understand and explore theoretical frameworks and models that underpin advanced case management and how to assess and engage individuals and families who are experiencing complex and multiple issues in their case planning and goal setting.
This workshop will explore attachment theory, the effects of trauma and how this knowledge informs case management practice. It will also examine issues that impact on circumstances that can impede the change processes for individuals and families in case planning and goal setting. The workshop explores child-focused, family centred, strengths-based and a holistic approach when working with individuals and families.
At the end of this course, you will gain an understanding of:
- Case management and the theories, models or frameworks that underpins best practice
- how to work with complex cases using various techniques within a case management framework
- how to build professional working relationships and effective networks to enhance best practice
- impacts of trauma on individuals and family safety, stability and well-being
- how to manage and support clients in the change processes and how this can influence and impact on case management planning and goal setting
- various assessment models and frameworks and how to integrate them into case management practice
- risk assessment frameworks and how to translate the information gathered into case planning and goal setting.
Kerry Marshall, Grad Dip Family Therapy/Counselling, Grad Cert in Developmental Trauma, Grad Cert in Education & Training, Diploma Community Welfare Work, Diploma in Education & Training, Dip in Training & Assessment, Cert IV Community Services & Cert IV in Training & Assessment.
Kerry is a Freelance Senior Training & Development Consultant & Family Therapist. Kerry has worked in the community services sector for over thirty years both for the Department of Health & Human Services in Child Protection, Juvenile Justice and Out-of-home care, within front line work and management and within the non-government organizations as Program Manager for Case Management, LAC Looking after children Coordinator and a Coordinator in Education and Training programs.