- This event has passed.
Best Interest Case Practice Model Framework (Uniting Outer East)
Wednesday March 8, 9:15 am - 4:30 pm
This workshop provides the practitioner with the necessary skills and knowledge on how to embed a Best Interest Case Practice Model (BICPM) framework into their practice when working with children, young people, carers and families. It provides the necessary foundation to achieve successful outcomes for children, young people, carers and their families.
At the end of this course, you will have an understanding of:
- The Best Interests Case Practice Model and how this provides a foundation for best practice, good outcomes and working with children, young people, carers and their families.
- Systemic therapeutic casework and how this is integrated into Best Interests Case Practice Model.
- How to work collaboratively and in partnerships with other services.
- How to engage and build relationships with families to support their empowerment to overcome their adversities.
- How to utilise Genograms to enhance best practice and good outcomes.
- How to integrate the Child and Family Snapshot Tool, 5 C’s assessment tool & Analysis & Risk Assessment tool into casework frameworks.
- How trauma and cumulative harm can impact the development and the lives of children, young people and their families.
- How to use reflective prompts to improve practice and outcomes.