- This event has passed.
Best Interests Case Practice Model Framework
Thursday August 24, 2023, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
The Best Interests Case Practice Model provides a foundation for working with children, including the unborn child, young people and families. It aims to reflect the case practice directions arising from the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 (CYFA) and the Child Wellbeing and Safety Act 2005.
This 6-hour workshop (delivered over two sessions) provides the practitioner with the necessary skills and knowledge on how to embed a Best Interest Case Practice Model (BICPM) framework into their practice when working with children, young people, carers and families. It provides the necessary foundation to achieve successful outcomes for children, young people, carers and their families.
- Understand the Best Interests Case Practice Model and how this provides a foundation for best practice, good outcomes and working with children, young people, carers and their families
- understand systemic therapeutic casework and how this is integrated into Best Interests Case Practice Model
- learn how to work collaboratively and in partnerships with other services
- explore the best ways to engage and build relationships with families to support their empowerment to overcome their adversities
- utilise Genograms to enhance best practice and good outcomes
- integrate the Child and Family Snapshot Tool, 5 C’s assessment tool & Analysis & Risk Assessment tool into casework frameworks
- understand the impact of trauma and cumulative harm on the development and lives of children, young people and their families
- learn how to use reflective prompts to improve practice and outcomes.
Cost: $330 Inc GST per person – payable when session time is chosen below.
Payment confirmation secures your booking.
Please contact us should you require any support: email@example.com or 03 9614 1577