- This event has passed.
Case Notes and Record Keeping
Wednesday August 4, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$105 – $130
Good case notes and records assist in providing continuity of care to clients; aid in promoting good practise and service delivery and; provide accountability and protect individual employees and the agency where there may be concerns about the nature or adequacy of the service provided.
For many workers, keeping good case notes and records is hard because they may not know what to record or how to record.
This webinar is designed with detailed guidelines on how to create a simple framework for what to record.
The webinar covers:
- the reasons why case notes and records should be kept; (this section includes a discussion of professional and legal obligations)
- different types of records
- common mistakes when keeping case notes and records and how to avoid them
- how to write case notes and keep records in a way that is respectful and allows the worker to discharge his or her professional obligations
- writing in a way that is easy to defend and hard to attack and a suggested structure for keeping case notes and records
- Issues regarding confidentiality when keeping case notes and records will also be discussed
- Achieved an understanding of professional obligations relating to the keeping of case notes and records.
- Increased their confidence and skill in writing notes and other records
- Developed an understanding of confidentiality in relation to case notes and records.
Further Information about Your Booking:
- We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
- We require 7 working days’ notice for cancellations in writing for a full refund to be issued.
- No refund will be issued for non-attendance.
The Centre for Excellence reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a workshop if there is not a minimum of 10 participants registered 7 days prior to the scheduled date.
Where will I find the link to join the session?
We will email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link a few days before the training date once registrations have closed.
Follow the link to Membership information to access discounted fees: https://www.cfecfw.asn.au/join-cfecfw/