- This event has passed.
Effective Conflict Management (RCLDS)
Wednesday November 30, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This workshop looks at stress responses and trauma and how they are contributing factors to conflict. Participants will gain a better understanding of the triggers and increase awareness to identify the signs. This training will review the impacts of this on practitioners and the clinical risks.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how to identify and manage risk
- Understand what drives aggression from, and conflict with, clients
- Understand the relationship between trauma and difficult behaviours and conflict
- Understand what stress, burnout, vicarious trauma and vicarious resilience look like
- Learn and use communication techniques to minimise the risk of conflict escalation
- Implement the micro-skills of negotiating and defusing
- Learn how to use de-escalation skills to minimise risk and maximise interactions
- Understanding the importance of practitioner self-awareness and reflection
CLICK ON THE EVENT NAME BELOW TO SEE WHAT DATES ARE AVAILABLE
AND TO ACCESS THE RESOURCES