- This event has passed.
Introduction to Supervision and Leadership Skills (CatholicCare Victoria)
Wednesday February 15, 9:15 am - 4:30 pm
Effective supervision and leadership are critical enablers for quality practice and positive outcomes for clients. This workshop explores the theory and practice of supervision and leadership, identifying the differences between the two concepts. The workshop provides current and emerging leaders with knowledge and skills to support teams and enhance best practice within their organisation.
Participants who complete this course will gain an understanding of:
- supervision frameworks, the various models, styles and types of supervision
- the roles and responsibilities of supervisor and supervisee
- building leadership across the organisation
- completing meaningful supervision records
- navigating the transition from colleagues to supervisor
- group processes, team dynamics and dealing with team challenges
- embedding approaches to provide constructive feedback
- developing strategies for worker wellbeing and self-care