- This event has passed.
Navigating the NDIS for TCP Practitioners (West Division)
Wednesday June 21, 2023, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This is a workshop designed to deliver practical, pragmatic training for child and family sector staff who may support participants in the NDIS, or the carers of children in the NDIS.
The session is delivered by the Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare, in partnership with DFFH and the Association for Children with a Disability, a parent and carer support organisation which has put together a fantastic network of experts.
The training covers:
- An explanation of how the NDIS is designed to work, including the many assumptions built into it about families and children with a disability
- Clear explanation of the roles and responsibilities of child and family sector staff in working with families with disability.
- Parental perspectives on the experience of caring for a child with disability
- Tips and techniques to help support vulnerable families as they navigate the NDIS, from access to review and appeal
- An introduction to the wide network of support and advocacy organisations around the NDIS
The session shares inside-info about how decisions are made in the NDIS – this means you will come away with an insight into how disability is defined in the NDIS, what kinds of evidence influence decisions, and the right language to use to get the best outcomes. We include templates and tools to help you gather information and communicate the needs of children, parents and carers to NDIS decision makers.