- This event has passed.
RCLDS- Effective Conflict Management
Friday March 26, 2021, 9:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
This training is only available for residential care workers in Victoria.
This is a 2 and 1/2 hour workshop that will be delivered via Zoom for Residential Care Workers.
This workshop looks at stress responses and trauma and the contributing factors, understanding the triggers and increasing awareness to identifying the signs. A review of the impacts of this on practitioners and the clinical risks.
- Understand how to identify and manage risk
- Understand what drives aggression from, and conflict with, clients
- Understand the relationship between trauma and difficult behaviours and conflict
- Understand what stress, burnout, vicarious trauma and vicarious resilience look like
- Learn and use communication techniques to minimise the risk of conflict escalation
- Implement the micro-skills of negotiating and defusing
- Learn how to use de-escalation skills to minimise risk and maximise interactions
- Understanding the importance of practitioner self-awareness and reflection
Where will I find the link to join the session?
We will email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link a few days before the training date once registrations have closed. Please use your work email when registering as we will only be sending the link to participants who are eligible for funded training.