- This event has passed.
RCLDS: Introduction to Supervision and Leadership
Wednesday April 28, 2021, 9:30 am - Thursday April 29, 2021, 12:30 pmFree
This training is only available to Residential Care Workers in Victoria.
This workshop is delivered over 2 days and participants are required to attend both sessions. Wednesday 28th April and Thursday 29th April 2021, 9.30 am to 12.30 pm.
This workshop is an introduction to supervision & leadership it aims to provide practitioners with the concepts of supervision and how to ensure supervision is both meaningful and enhances best practice by ensuring organizational standards and practices are adhered to. Including the concepts of leadership and how to foster this across the organization.
- The Foundation of supervision
- Theoretical frameworks
- Models, styles & types of supervision
- Effective supervision, roles & responsibilities of supervisor & supervisee
- Leadership styles, concepts & implementation
- Supervision documentation
- Transition from colleague to supervisor
- Managing Team dynamics & challenges
- Providing constructive feedback
- Dealing with conflict & having the difficult conversations
- Worker wellbeing & self-care
- Understanding of Supervision frameworks
- The various Models, Styles & types of Supervision
- The roles and responsibilities of supervisor & supervisee
- How to build leadership across the organisation
- How to complete meaningful supervision records
- How to navigate the transition from colleagues to supervisor
- Understanding group processes, team dynamics and dealing with team challenges
- How to embed approaches to provide constructive feedback
- Developing strategies for worker wellbeing & self-care
Wednesday 28th April – 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
Thursday 29th April – 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
- This workshop is delivered over 2 days and participants are required to attend both sessions.
Where will I find the link to join the session?
- We will email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link a few days before the training date once registrations have closed. Please use your work email when registering as we will only be sending the link to participants who are eligible.