- This event has passed.
Supporting Positive Behaviours in Clients with Disabilities for TCP Practitioners (East Division)
Friday November 18, 2022, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This workshop is an introduction to Positive Behaviour Support with a strong focus on working with clients with a disability. Participants will gain a greater understanding of behaviours of concern and how they can be assessed. It will include a practical run through of assessment models and exploring interactive assessment scenarios.
- Understand key concepts – trauma, developmental trauma, relational trauma.
- Elicit the relationship between a child’s experience of family violence and trauma, and the associated impacts.
- Feel more confident to engage with young people.
- Feel confident and competent to have conversations with young people about their ‘preferred identity’.
- Consider working with a young person and non-offending family member to address young people’s use of violence.