- This event has passed.
Supporting Young People with Medication (RCLDS)
Wednesday April 5, 2023, 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
The workshop is adapted from unit of competency HLTHPS006 Assist Clients with Medication.
The aim of this workshop is to provide support workers within the Child, Youth and Family sector knowledge, skills and safe practices to support young people who require assistance with medication administration. The workshop has been developed to meet compliance within the Child, Youth and Family sector.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Understand common medicines and their uses
- Know how to give medicines correctly
- Know how to manage problems that may occur
- Know how to document and report
- Understand the policies, procedures and legalities
Trainier Bio: Deb Penglase
Deb Penglase has practised as a mental health nurse for over 30 years within community, inpatient, corrections and child and adolescent settings. Deborah is a trained Clinical Supervisor using the role development model.