Working with adolescents experiencing dual diagnosis
Friday April 23, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$105 – $130
This 3 hour session gives participants an introduction to working with young people experiencing dual diagnosis (Substance use and co-occurring Mental Health).
Participants will gain an understanding of the key principles of dual diagnosis: including recognition, knowledge and practice tools to use specifically with young people.
This session is guided by the latest in evidence based research on working with young people experiencing dual diagnosis.
This introductory session is designed for those with limited understanding of dual diagnosis and is suitable for practitioners who work with young people in all sectors.
- Understanding what dual diagnosis is
- Recognising the characteristics of people experiencing dual diagnosis
- Understanding of prevalence of dual diagnosis in the population
- Understand signs, symptoms and impacts of dual diagnosis
- Understand when and where to get specialist help
Who should attend?
This workshop will benefit anyone who works with children, young people and families. This includes child protection, family violence, out of home care, youth justice, social workers, case managers, carers, youth workers, teachers, school-based staff, nurses, mental health workers and counsellors.
Further Information about Your Booking:
- We will issue a full refund if we cancel the course or reschedule the course.
- We require 7 working days’ notice for cancellations in writing for a full refund to be issued.
- No refund will be issued for non-attendance.
- We will issue a full refund if we cancel the workshop or reschedule.
The Centre for Excellence reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a workshop if there is not a minimum of 10 participants registered 15 days prior to the scheduled date.
Where will I find the link to join the session?
We will email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link a few days before the training date once registrations have closed.
Follow the link to Membership information to access discounted fees: https://www.cfecfw.asn.au/join-cfecfw/