The Centre and DHHS are delivering Brief and Intermediate MARAM Training for Child FIRST (not Orange Door) and family services workforces.
About this Event
Please note: Child FIRST practitioners in Orange Door services who have completed Comprehensive training are not required to attend this training.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) in partnership with the Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare is delivering MARAM training for those practitioners who have roles that align with the responsibilities at the Brief and Intermediate level of MARAM forChild FIRST (not Orange Door) and family services workforces.
This training will support practitioners to understand their responsibilities under this important new reform, including what it means for their day-to-day practice. Training is provided at no cost.
The training will be delivered online in the form of four 120 minute modules.
Practitioners at the Brief and Intermediate level are identified as:
- having roles associated with family violence risk assessment and management in to their usual work
- engaging with people in crisis situations or cohorts who are at high risk of experiencing or using family violence
- involving therapeutic intervention, a crisis service, case management support or broader needs assessment and management
- having the ability to incorporate addressing family violence risk assessment and management in to their usual work.
If you require further guidance on your alignment at an Intermediate level, please see the MARAM responsibilities: Decision Guide for organisational leaders.
Topics covered in the four training modules include:
- Effective Engagement: Foundational knowledge, Structured Professional Judgement Model, Child voice
- Identification of family violence risk: Intermediate risk assessment, risk levels, information sharing
- Prioritisation: Intermediate risk management, secondary consultation, safety planning
- Service delivery: Collaboration, information sharing, ongoing risk assessment and management, referral pathways.
Please note that anyone who has registered for this training who is not in a Child FIRST and family services role may have their registration reviewed. If you have questions about this or special circumstances you wish the facilitators to consider, please contact the team. Further information on MARAM training for other workforces.
Contact: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9614 1577
Please click on a link below to register:
Click here to register for MARAM Brief & Intermediate Training Module 2 (you will be provided a password to complete your booking at the end of the module 1 workshop)
Click here to register for MARAM Brief & Intermediate Training Module 3 (you will be provided a password to complete your booking at the end of the module 2 workshop)
Click here to register for MARAM Brief & Intermediate Training Module 4 (you will be provided a password to complete your booking at the end of the module 3 workshop)