The second anniversary of the Apology to Forgotten Australians leads our media update. Industrial action by child protection workers, a new church code of conduct on reporting abuse, and developments in residential care in South Australia also feature.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
Second anniversary of the Apology to Forgotten Australians
- Forgotten Australians apology anniversary, ABC Radio National LifeMatters, 16 November 2011
- Defying the gate-keeper, ABC Radio National LifeMatters, 14 November 2011
- ‘Evil’ of Forgotten Australians could be repeated, The Canberra Times, 16 November 2011
- Stories of lost childhoods uncovered, Media Release, The Hon. Jenny Macklin MP, 15 November 2011
Industrial action by child protection workers
- Workers limit child abuse cases, The Age, 16 November 2011
New church code of conduct on reporting abuse
- Child welfare advocates criticise church code of conduct, ABC Radio National PM, 16 November 2011
- May Our Children Flourish, Code of Conduct for Caring for Children, Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne,
16 November 2011
Residential care in South Australia
- Children’s Guardian speaks out over residential care, ABC 7.30 South Australia, 11 November 2011
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.