Today’s media update leads with the Children’s Court, the State Government’s failure to protect proposal, and sentencing. The PVVC Inquiry is also mentioned, together with the latest coverage of rising demand for family services, and the Rainbow Hair for Foster Care campaign.
Please note that inclusion of articles in the media scan does not necessarily imply Centre endorsement of any positions they promote. Our aim is to spark robust but respectful discussion of issues.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
The Children’s Court, failure to protect, and sentencing
- Push to abolish Children’s Court in Victoria in welfare shake-up, Herald Sun, 13 September 2011
- Failure to protect law may put Ballarat women at risk, The Courier, 12 September 2011
- Maximum justice needed, The Age, 13 September 2011
Rising demand from families, Rainbow Hair for Foster Care
- Hundreds of families in need of help, The Geelong Advertiser, 13 September 2011
- Demand high for a special kind of love, The Brimbank Weekly, 13 September 2011
- Foster care and coloured hair – it’s all interwoven, The Standard, 13 September 2011
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.