Today’s media update leads with coverage of Rainbow Hair for Foster Care in National Child Protection Week. Other topics include broader powers for the Child Safety Commissioner, the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities, the As Eye See It Exhibition, and the settlement of a Federal Court claim by Community Connections
Please note that inclusion of articles in the media scan does not necessarily imply Centre endorsement of any positions they promote. Our aim is to spark robust but respectful discussion of issues.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
Foster care in National Child Protection Week
- Foster carers, Ten The 7PM Project, 8 September 2011 (around 5 mins 40 secs)
- Drive with Tom Elliott, 3AW, 8 September 2011 (around halfway through)
- Gay families urged to foster children, The Age, 8 September 2011
Broader powers for the Child Safety Commissioner
- Help for abused children, Sunday Herald Sun, 11 September 2011
Charter figures in High Court ruling
- Looming review should consider rights charter benefits, The Sunday Age, 11 September 2011
As Eye See It exhibition opens
- Out of home but not out of sight, Victorian Government media release, 9 September 2011
CSO settles Federal Court claim
- Community Connections settles union claim on ‘mutually acceptable terms’, The Standard, 12 September 2011
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.