The Cummins Inquiry report on Victoria’s vulnerable children again leads today’s media update. The first of a Sunday Age series on family violence, and the close of Community Connections also feature.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
On Friday, ABC 7.30 Victoria ran two strong stories focusing on the Cummins Inquiry.
- Calls to fix Victoria’s child protection system, ABC 7.30 Victoria, 2 March 2012
- Government promises to act on Cummins report, ABC 7.30 Victoria, 2 March 2012
- Cyber-sex fiends targeted, The Sunday Age, 4 March 2012
- Valley in abuse crisis, Latrobe Valley Express, 5 March 2012
- Mandatory reporting for rabbis, Australian Jewish News, 1 March 2012
Focus on family violence
- The home truth about violence, The Sunday Age, 4 March 2012
- Surge in abuse reports stretch crisis services to breaking point, The Sunday Age, 4 March 2012
- ‘Embarrassed’ victim kept silent for 13 years, The Sunday Age, 4 March 2012
- Domestic violence our biggest law-and-order issue, The Sunday Age, 4 March 2012
- Assaults by kids on parents are on the rise, Herald Sun, 5 March 2012
CSO closes doors
- Embattled Community Connections shuts its doors, The Standard, 3 March 2012
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.