- This event has passed.
Advanced Case Management
Thursday March 24, 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
One event on Thursday March 24, 2022 at 1:30 pm
This two-part workshop aims to assist practitioners to understand and explore theoretical frameworks and models that underpin advanced case management and how to assess and engage individuals and families who are experiencing complex and multiple issues in their case planning and goal setting.
Session 1: 22nd March 2022, 1:30pm – 4:30pm
Session 2: 24th March 2022, 1:30pm – 4:30pm
This workshop will explore attachment theory, the effects of trauma and how this knowledge informs case management practice.
This workshop will examine issues that impact on circumstances that can impede the change processes for individuals and families in case planning and goal setting. And explore child-focused, family centered, strengths-based and a holistic approach when working with individuals and families.
- Case management and the theories, models or frameworks that underpins best practice.
- How to work with complex cases using various techniques within a case management framework.
- How to build professional working relationships and effective networks to enhance best practice.
- The impact of trauma on individuals and family safety, stability and well-being.
- How to manage and support clients in the change processes and how this can influence and impact on case management planning and goal setting.
- Various assessment models and frameworks and how to integrate them into case management practice.
- Risk assessment frameworks and how to translate the information gathered into case planning and goal setting.