- This event has passed.
Digging Deeper: Coaching practices for practitioners working in complex & challenging environments
Thursday August 5, 2021, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Thursday, repeating until Thursday August 12, 2021
Digging Deeper is an interactive and practical workshop that explores the practice of coaching as a tool for social workers and youth workers working in complex and challenging environments.
You will learn a practical strengths-based approach: ask your clients questions that ‘dig deep’ and nurture self-awareness and healthy ways to explore personal responsibility. Activate positive decision-making that energises self-determination, aspiration and hope… one conversation at a time. Digging Deeper provides social workers and youth workers with the skills and confidence to facilitate coaching conversations with clients that:
- Set the foundation: Build trust and rapport quickly and effectively in challenging environments
- Dig deeper: Learn how to ask questions that cut through the mess, strength spot and harness intrinsic motivation
- Redefine story: Help clients to re-write their challenging stories and replace them with powerful narratives, strengths, aspirations and hope.
The Digging Deeper is a practical workshop facilitated by experienced trainer, practitioner and coach Shayne Hood, who will provide you with the opportunity to practice and build your coaching skills so you can apply them with clients straight away!
Shayne will equip you with a coaching toolkit, including coaching questions, and lots of practical advice. Workshop participants will gain:
- an extensive understanding of coaching theory and what this means for practice
- an understanding of the connection between coaching and self-determination in the context of youth work and social work
- new skills for applying and navigating the practical elements of coaching
- new skills for reflecting and continuously improving coaching practices.
Digging Deeper is a face to face* workshop held over two days
9.30-4.30pm Thursday 5th & Thursday 12th of August
Any questions? Contact Emily Mellon email@example.com 9614 1506
Location: CBD Location (To be advised) *Covid Safe rules will be followed, we will pivot to online if required.
Where will I find the link to join the session?
We will email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link a few days before the training date once registrations have closed.
Follow the link to Membership information to access discounted fees: https://www.cfecfw.asn.au/join-cfecfw/