- This event has passed.
RCLDS Working well with LGBTIQA+ young people
Tuesday August 10, 2021, 10:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
This Workshop Is Only Available To Residential Care Workers In Victoria.
This professional development zoom workshop includes a mix of information delivery, discussion and activities leading to transformative learning for Residential Care Workers.
Current, Australian evidence-based research that informs best practice when working with LGBTIQA+ youth will be used as part of the overall teaching, as well as a basic introduction to what the letters stand for, and what is known about the health status and risks of this cohort. After completing this training, you will have an:
- Understanding what the letters in LGBTIQA+ mean;
- access to research and information about the health status and risks of LGBTIQA+ youth;
- increased empathy and understanding about living as LGBTIQA+ in a heteronormative world;
- strategies for working well with LGBTIQA+ youth and the best ways to support their wellbeing.
A resource list will be provided.
Tuesday 10th August 10am-12pm (1 hour break) then 1pm-3pm
Further Information about Your Booking:
If the session is booked out
Add your name to the waiting list. If a place becomes available, we will contact you, inviting you to register, if you are unable to respond quickly we will move to the next person on the list
Where will I find the link to join the session?
We will email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link a few days before the training date once registrations have closed.
- Please use your work email when registering as we will only be sending the link to participants who are eligible.