- This event has passed.
Humans of the Sector
Tuesday October 11, 2022, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Practical self-development strategies for practitioners looking to build strength & resilience in complex & challenging environments.
The past two years has taught us that we are not invincible. Many of us have faced unimaginable pressures and burn out has been at an all time high. Organisations and systems have been challenged to provide adequate support & traditional self-care strategies aren’t cutting it anymore.
Humans of the Sector is a practical self-development training for professionals looking to be their best selves in the face of adversity. Our ‘for us by us’ approach means that our training is facilitated by practitioners/peers who have first hand experience in navigating challenging and complex environments.
- Unpack the biggest professional and personal challenges in a supportive environment of peers who understand your experience.
- Be more consistent with your own values and apply versatile mindfulness & acceptance skills in your responses to uncontrollable experiences (no cheesy stuff – we promise).
- Co-regulation is one of the most powerful tools to help us build connection whilst limiting the impacts of vicarious trauma.
- Learn how to manage the expectations of ourselves and others, whilst prioritising and understanding the fulfilment that is always available to us.
- Seeing others well-being – particularly their emotional health – as a shared responsibility of our teams and leaders rather than the lone task of an individual.
- Self-development looks different for everyone. Learn how to practice flexible self-development strategies and tools that are both effective and time efficient.
Shayne hood: Lived experience workforce trainer & consultant
Shayne has a demonstrated history of igniting capabilities informed service design in the most complex and challenging youth work, social work and community service environments. These experiences have enabled Shayne to deliver bespoke/targeted coaching, consultation and training to the sector, its leaders and people connected to services. As a young man Shayne had personal experiences of family violence, addiction, criminality. Shayne’s vision is to transform the misconceptions of the people who are criminalised or marginalised in society by designing practice, service and tools that drive self determination, connection and positive social impact. Shayne has taken his hard earned knowledge through both lived and professional experience and honed this in to focus on delivering services that cut through the mess and deliver real results.
Cost: $330 Inc GST per person.
To register, please visit the Centre’s Learning Management System
Payment confirmation secures your booking, contact us for support email@example.com or 03 9614 1577