Today’s media update leads with scrutiny of forced adoption practices. The challenges of legal action over past abuse by the church, problem gambling, and priority mental health treatment for children and young people in care are also featured.
Please note that inclusion of articles in the media scan does not necessarily imply Centre endorsement of any positions they take. Our aim is to spark robust but respectful discussion of issues.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
- Senate inquiry hears harrowing evidence on forced adoptions, Radio National AM, 29 September 2011
Legal action on past church abuse
- Lawyers say Ellis defence reduces church payouts, Radio National AM, 29 September 2011
- Gambling addicts support reform, Radio National Breakfast, 29 September 2011
- Gambling extended interview, Radio National Breakfast, 29 September 2011
- Vulnerable young people to get better access to mental health services,
Victorian Government media release, 28 September 2011
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.