Today’s media update leads with ACOSS comment on the Tax Summit. Forced adoption, Forgotten Australians, child poverty in the UK, innovative family services and a savings scheme for low-income people are also featured.
Please note that inclusion of articles in the media scan does not necessarily imply Centre endorsement of any positions they take. Our aim is to spark robust but respectful discussion of issues.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
- Council of Social Service calls for real change in this week’s Tax Summit, (Audio), ABC News Radio, 3 October 2011
- Apology is overdue for tragic mums, Herald Sun, 4 October 2011
- Abuse victims take protest to the grave, The Age, 4 October 2011
- Forgotten Aussies find a champion in Hume, Hume Weekly, 4 October 2011
Impact of poverty on children
- Poor kids, ABC Four Corners, 3 October 2011
Innovative family services
- Family by family, ABC Radio National Life Matters, 28 September 2011
Saving for low income families
- Savings scheme for low-income families, ABC Radio National Life Matters, 28 September 2011
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.