The looming independent inquiry to tackle church abuse in the Catholic Church leads this media update. A strong story of the benefits of early intervention and prevention also features.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
Church abuse inquiry
- Abuse victims demand Royal Commission, ABC 7.30 Victoria, 13 April 2012
- Catholic church says it would support an inquiry, ABC 7.30 Victoria, 13 April 2012
- Calls for Royal Commission into Catholic Church, ABC Lateline, 13 April 2012
- Expose full abuse, poor response, Letters, The Age, 14 April 2012
- Inquiry looms as more suicides linked to sexual abuse by Catholic priests, The Age, 14 April 2012
- Urgent need to shine light on church, The Age, 14 April 2012
- Premier hints at inquiry into church sex abuse, ABC News Online,13 April 2012
- Police prepare coronial brief on Church abuse suicides, ABC Radio National, The World Today, 13 April 2012
- Church’s suicide victims, The Age, 13 April 2012
- Related coverage on clergy abuse can be found in these previous media updates
Early intervention works
- Early intervention transforming families, ABC 7.30 Victoria, 13 April 2012
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.