The Parliamentary Inquiry into abuse in religious organisations – in particular the Catholic Church – leads this media update. Reports by the Victorian Law Reform Commission and the Auditor-General tabled in State Parliament today also feature.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
Inquiry into abuse in religious organisations
- Church inquiry ‘not enough’, The Age, 18 April 2012
- Mother can’t forget the day she lost her ‘beautiful boy’, The Age, 18 April 2012
- Sexual abuse inquiry hampered by practical limitations, The Age, 18 April 2012
- Baillieu keeps inquiry into abuse in-house, The Age, 18 April 2012
- Sex abuse inquiry to focus on religious groups, ABC RN Drive, 17 April 2012
- Victoria launches child abuse inquiry, ABC Radio National PM, 17 April 2012
- Sex abuse inquiry ‘a good first step’, ABC TV News Victoria,17 April 2012
- Vic Govt under fire over church inquiry, Sky News, 17 April 2012
- Inquiry into handling of child abuse by religious and other organisations, Victorian Government media release, 17 April 2012
- Family and Community Development Committee, Parliament of Victoria
- Related coverage on clergy abuse can be found in these previous media updates
Reports tabled in Parliament
- Victorian report calls for sharper focus on sex offender registration, The Australian, 18 April 2012
- More focus needed to protect kids – report, Herald Sun, 18 April 2012
- Auditor-General slams State Government on FOI, Herald Sun, 18 April 2012
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.