A DHS appeal over a court order to return foster children to their carer leads today’s Centre media update. The Carer Recognition Bill 2012, calls for an independent clergy abuse inquiry, recommendations to strengthen family law, and child protection in NSW also feature.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
DHS appeals return of foster children
- Hinch to fight DHS appeal over return of foster children to carer , 3AW Hinch Blog, 9 February 2012
- Related coverage: DHS lashed as foster mother regains children, The Age, 12 January 2012
- Related coverage: Children are casualties in bureaucratic war, The Age, 13 January 2012
Carer Recognition Bill
- Victoria officially recognises carers, Victorian Government media release, 8 February 2012
- Minister Wooldridge speaks on Bill in Parliament, Hansard, 8 February 2012
- Carers Recognition Bill 2012, Parliament of Victoria
- A Victorian charter supporting people in care relationships, Department of Health
(to be amended in light of recognition legislation)
Clergy abuse inquiry call continues
- Victims of clergy push for inquiry, The Age, 9 February 2012
- Related coverage: Media Update 20 December 2011
Family law changes recommended to curb violence
- Family law overhaul to head off violence, PSnews, 10 February 2012
Child protection in NSW
- The facts on child protection in NSW, 702 ABC Sydney, 9 February 2012
- Debating the right approach to child protection, 702 ABC Sydney, 9 February 2012
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.