Last night’s excellent SBS Insight program, "Removing Kids" and continuing coverage of the Cummins Inquiry report on Victoria’s vulnerable children lead today’s media update. A likely new service provider for former Community Connections programs and a funding cloud over a successful housing program also feature.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
SBS Insight, "Removing Kids"
This program, which aired last night, was a compelling, nuanced and necessary discussion of removing children that put at the heart of the story the personal experience of young people, carers and a parent whose children were removed and later returned. The program can now be seen online.
- Removing Kids, SBS Insight, 6 March 2012
- Need for better outcomes for vulnerable children, Online Opinion, 6 March 2012
- Church transparency key to protecting children, Eureka Street, 5 March 2012
- Lessons from the past – adoption isn’t the answer to child protection, The Conversation, 6 March 2012
- Related: Partnership with government Will we know when we see it?, Centre for Social Impact, 24 February 2012
New service provider considers south-west
- Melbourne agency set to take over south-west welfare role, The Standard, 7 March 2012
Funding cloud over housing program
- Future of housing program in doubt, The Age, 7 March 2012
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.