Coverage of the visit of UK child protection expert, Professor Eileen Munro, leads today’s media update. Foster care, child mothers, a report on the Queensland child protection system, and the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission also feature.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
Visit by UK child protection expert, Professor Eileen Munro
- Child protection review, ABC 7.30 Victoria, 9 December 2011
- Background: Professor Eileen Munro on 7.30 Victoria
- Background: Munro Review
Support for foster carers
- No room for misers in foster care, The Sydney Morning, 10 December 2011
- Girls of 11 and 12 now mums, Sunday Herald Sun, 11 December 2011
Queensland child protection report
- Child guardian report: child protection system 2009–2010, Australian Policy Online, 12 December 2011
Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC)
- Media release for Draft Exposure Bill, Assistant Treasurer, Australian Government, 9 December 2011
- Exposure Draft: Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission Bill, 9 December 2011
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.