Child protection caseloads lead today’s media update. Child abuse in the Catholic Church, executive pay rates and foster carer reimbursements also feature.
Your comments are most welcome and can be made here using our comment form (anonymously, if you wish). All comments are moderated before they appear.
Safer caseloads at the centre of child protection worker concerns
- Child protection workers rally over conditions, ABC Central Victoria, 8 December 2011
- High case loads turn staff away, Bendigo Advertiser, 8 December 2011
- DHS workers rally for better pay, conditions, Bendigo Advertiser, 8 December 2011
- Children ‘will die’ under State care shake-up, Sunday Herald Sun, 4 December 2011
- Child protection workers feel heat, ABC 7pm TV News NT, 7 December 2011
Child abuse in the Catholic Church
- Catholic church failed to tell police of sex abuse, The Age, 6 December 2011
- Ballarat residents rally for Catholic church sex assault victims, The Courier, 5 December 2011
- A plea for an inquiry and a tale of the one who got away, The Age, 3 December 2011
- Related coverage: Child welfare advocates criticise church code of conduct, ABC Radio National PM, 15 November 2011
Executive pay and foster carer reimbursements
- Health bureaucrats win 46% pay rise, The Age, 2 December 2011
- Pay hike for carers urged, The Age, 4 December 2011
- Related coverage: Shelter from the storm, Sunday Age, 27 November 2011
To catch up on the Centre’s media updates you can browse the site anytime, bookmark the media updates page, subscribe by email, or subscribe to our media updates RSS news feed (what’s that?) in your newsreader. Please feel free to publicise this service to your colleagues.
If you become aware of a media issue you think calls for a response by the Centre, please use our contact form, including "media issue" in the subject line.